Are you looking for an ENGAGING, FUN, and AUDIENCE-CENTERED keynote presenter?
Dr. Hankerson has experience giving keynote presentations at academic, community, faith-based, and business settings. Service options include:
- Keynote speech
- Keynote speech AND Workshop
Engaging presentations that are grounded in current mental health research.
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based training that teaches you how to help a person developing a mental illness or in crisis. You will learn practical skills, including:
- Signs of common mental disorders and substance use disorders
- 5-step action plan to assess and offer people help
- Local resources: Where to turn for help
Stress comes from many sources – work, relationships, and finances are a few – and can have devastating emotional and physical effects. In this workshop, you will learn:
- How your environment and family history affect how you deal with stress
- Strategies to deal with stress more effectively
- Resources to help you work less and play more
VIDEO & AUDIO
“Black Men, Fatherhood, and Mental Health”
Dr. Hankerson talks about the symptoms of depression in men and how depression negatively impacts fatherhood.
“Overcoming Stress in New York City”
Dr. Hankerson reviews challenges of city life, provides healthy coping strategies, and discusses the church’s role in reducing mental health stigma. Conducted at The Journey Church, Faith and Life Center.
“Mental Health Treatment Disparities and Faith-Based Research”
Dr. Hankerson and Dr. Stephanie LeMelle talk about encouraging partnerships between religious institutions and mental health professionals.